Sunday, July 13, 2008

HEALTH A YOYO SYNDROME? GOING GRAY, AUTHENTICITY, AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT REALLY MATTERS.

I DELIGHTFULLY EXPLORED WHY MY HAIR ROOTS WERE ADDICTED TO DYE.  I DECIDED GOING GRAY WAS A DEEP DECISION INVOLVING MY WOMANHOOD'S SOUL AND SEXUALITY.  I PICKED THE BOOK---GOING GRAY BY ANNE KREAMER, TO FURTHER MY RESEARCH INTO WHY I WANTED TO GO GRAY-MY NATURAL SELF.  I TOOK MANY LONG LOOKS IN THE MIRROW, OBSERVED THE ATTENTION I RECEIVED, AND THOUGHT ABOUT AGING.  I DECIDED NOT TO LOOK LIKE A GENERIC WOMEN IN HER 50'S.  I DID NOT WANT TO BE KNOWN AS NORDSTROM MODEL 22. I FIGURED, I AM UNIQUE IN HOW MY HAIR CHANGES COLOR AND MY FACE WRINKLES. I WANT TO HAVE HEATH AND MY OWN IDENTIFICATION WITH MY OWN AGING. A DECISION WAS MADE BY ME NOT TO DIE MY HAIR-OUR HAIR IS RIDICULOUS SO EMOTIONAL.   

MY HEALTH BETWEEN MY LAST BLOG AND NOW FEELS LIKE A YOYO.  I HAD RIGHT SHOULDER SURGERY ON 6/18/08.  MY SURGEON IS ASSOCIATED WITH SPORT MEDICINE CLINIC. AFTER MY ROTATOR CUFF, AND BICEP REPAIR, MY GOAL IS TO PLAY TENNIS, GOLF AND DO YOGA.  DURING MY RECOVERY, I AM NOT TO USE THE ARM FOR 6 WEEKS. THEN PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR 3 MONTHS.  I HAVE A FEW EXERCISES TO DO. CURRENTLY, I AM IN A SMALL RELAPSE, ONLY BECAUSE, YESTERDAY I TYPED A LITTLE WITH BOTH HANDS. DARN IT, IT IS DIFFICULT TO TYPE WITH THE LEFT HAND WHEN I AM RIGHT HANDED.  I AM INCLUDING A RECENT BLOG I CAME ACROSS ON THE SUBJECT. NET.http://dailycents.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=596:the-weight-of-the-world-and-your-rotator-cuff&catid=45:patty-chavez-&Itemid=91

1 comment:

Sixties_Chick said...

Hi Vicky, Your Facebook posting got me delving into your blog and I found this to be a common thread. I faced the same choice of going gray a few years ago and chose to be myself as you did. Also, had shoulder surgery 2 years ago but still remember when I couldn't even lift a fork to feed myself. It is a long slow process of healing. I got an all new titanium shoulder and it is GREAT! Thanks for inviting me in. CatPurry