Saturday, January 10, 2009

I NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS, A COO COO CLOCK?

MY HUSBAND CAME HOME WITH A COO COO CLOCK. A SURPRISE IN DEED. HIS EXCITEMENT WAS CONTAGIOUS. HE SAID HIS MOTHER HAD A CLOCK LIKE THIS. ONE DAY, HIS BROTHER AND HE BECAME ANGRY WITH EACH OTHER. HIS BROTHER PULLED OFF THE TWO PINE CONES AND THREW THEM AT HIM. HIS MOM WAS SAD. HE LOOKED FOR OVER 40 YEARS TO REPLACE THE CLOCK. THE TIME WAS NOW!

MY HUSBAND'S MOTHER PASSED AWAY 10 YEARS AGO. HE LOOKED AT ME WITH A BIGHT SMILE AND SAID MOM WOULD BE HAPPY.

THE CLOCK IS AN ORIGINAL BLACK FOREST CLOCK FROM GERMANY "KUNER."



4 comments:

Kim Layton said...

I grew up with one of these in my house. I think my dad bought it on a stop somewhere on his way home from Vietnam. They still have it and they really are neat clocks! Enjoy!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your husband is a sweet keeper!

kari and kijsa said...

What a fabulous clock!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

the wreath witch said...

what a sweet story - we had one when I was growing up too.