Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#2 ending life journey with mom

Last night, I tried to sleep in mom's hospital bed. The air mattress moves giving your body a different sensation from my mattress at home. Mom was next to the bed in a recliner chair. She snored all night. I slept on and off. Mom awoke at 5:30am.  Mom is an early morning person. She said I am still alive? My little brother said to her you are a tough bird mom.  Mom smiled.

Mom was waiting for the pastor to come . She asked me at 10am, 11am and noon, when will he be at the home? After lunch, I helped her wash her face and comb her hair. She was looking forward to the pastor.

My sister arrived from Texas today. She told mom she looked adorable. The pastor came from hospice. He sang amaze in grace, mother loved it.  Even though you are a wretch, God calls you and takes you with grace.  He told us about walking through the shadow of death, God is with you. Mom felt she was scared. The pastor said do not fear, God will be with you.  My sister, and brother, and I, and mom, and the pastor, held hands while the pastor prayed for love and peace.
A heart quilt from a quilt show
My little brother is a great singer like my mom.  My sister and I sing silently, I think because we are tone death.  My brother sang with mom and the pastor. It sounded like heaven was not far a away.
Edible lettuce in my garden at home

No comments: