Saturday, August 7, 2010
Pallitive home care gave our family the natural laxative recipe to regulate mom's bowel movements. Well it became a favorite way to regulate the bowels of 2 members of the family. I am not going to tell who.
1/2 pound pitted prunes
1/2 pound raisins
1/2 pound pitted figs
1 1/2 -2 oz senna tea leaves
1/4 cup lemon juice
1. prepare tea. use about 2 cups boiling water. add the water to the tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes. you can place the tea leaves in a tea strainer and steep.
2. add the tea to the fruit.
3. boil the fruit and tea in a pan until the tea is almost gone. You want the mixture moist.
4. remove from heat and add the lemon juice. allow to cool.
5. use food processor to turn mixture into a paste.
Suggest to spread over toast, top cereal or eat off the spoon. 1 to 2 tablespoon a day as needed for your body.
Posted by vicky w-o sullivan at 11:32 PM