Sunday, December 19, 2010

special order Rustie Doll sale: The Story of a customer living in Reno Nevada

The memorable customer (Debra), a person I will never forget.  Debra emailed me about her need for a Rustie Holiday doll 34" tall to add to her Christmas theme. She requested 2 different dressed dolls, one was red or green velvet.  Debra sent me her Christmas photos taken last Christmas 2009. I emailed Rustie the pictures. I asked Rustie, "What kind of doll do you think will match her decor a red velvet or green velvet?  Rustie responded " A green velvet dress and hat doll." The following pictures were from Debra's Christmas decor 2009.



 
 Oh My, Debra decorates fabulous!

Debra chose to purchase the green velvet  #1 original artist doll from Rustie. I set up two payments via paypal for Debra, one payment before receiving the doll and one payment when doll was ready for Rustie to ship to her.

"Hello, Vicky.  PayPal has been sent.....oh, my, she is just GORGEOUS and will fit in perfectly with my Christmas theme.  I couldn't be more pleased.  I am SO thankful she has the red curls, as I forgot to ask for them, and her face is elegant and gorgeous. That hunter green velvet ballgown and hat....well, I am just THRILLED, and I thank you both so much. Thank you, Vicky.  You have been such a pleasure to work with." 

This is the description of the doll from Rustie.

"Hollie Day  34" Artist Original
Over 4 yards of hunter green double velvet at $30.00 a yard,35 hand gathered 6 inch wide Chantilly lace. Full pearl beaded bodice appliqué. Plush ivory fur trim . Austrian earrings and necklace.,. Matching Hat with fur trim."






Debra received the doll and made the following comments. "She is beautiful, a lovely face and just a drop-dead gorgeous costume that will go with my Christmas theme perfectly.  Rustie was kind enough to send me a personalized photo, which I so appreciate...I was wondering if I should have a certificate of authenticity, or maybe the photo serves that purpose on the Number 1 dolls?  At any rate, I am thrilled to death and thank you very much for your amazing and kind customer service!"  The photo and the marking on the neck is the certificate of authenticity. 

Thank you Debra, you are a gem of a customer! 

I am able to take special orders for the doll of your dreams made by Rustie. A one of a kind doll that no one else will have but you. Email me and by working together your dream can come true.

No comments: